Sunday, September 30, 2018

A Lemon A Day ... Keeps the Allergies at Bay


I start each day with HOT WATER and a WEDGE of LEMON. I learned about this Ayurvedic technique at a workshop and have been a fan of it ever since. Not only is the warm liquid soothing to start the day, but also the health benefits are amazing! I know lemon water works as it has helped me tremendously! My food allergies have been minimized, my skin is clearer, and my digestion improved.


Hot water with lemon at the start of your day is beneficial. It does the following:
·      Boosts immune system
·      Sparks metabolism
·      Is a gentle diuretic
·      Removes toxins/fights allergies
·      Aids digestion/elimination of waste
·      Clears skin
·      Balances the body’s pH level
Lemons are an inexpensive item in the produce section of the store. Depending on the size of the lemon, you could get 4-6 days of lemon wedges from a lemon. Lemons will keep in the refrigerator, stock up a bit when they are on sale OR find a friend with a lemon tree and do an exchange!
NOTE: If you find the lemon too bitter you could add ½ tsp of local honey to the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment