Symptoms of Eye Fatigue
- Sore or irritated eyes
- Trouble focusing
- Dry or watery eyes
- Blurred or double vision
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Pain in the neck, shoulders, or back
If your lifestyle requires you to spend a considerable amount of time at the computer, you can make sure to include foods in your diet that are known to boost eye health. They include:
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, and collards
- Salmon, tuna, and other oily fish
- Eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources
- Oranges and other citrus fruits or juices
- Oysters and pork
SupplementsThere are a few supplements that are known to help with eye strain. They include:
- Bausch + Lomb PreserVision AREDS 2 Formula
- EyeScience Macular Health Formula
- Nature's Sunshine Perfect Eyes
- Ridgecrest Herbals Essential Eyes
- Twinlab Ocugard Blutein Protection
- Use proper lighting. Avoid fluorescent light if possible and position your computer screen so windows are at the side not in front or behind the screen to avoid glare.
- Adjust the display settings on your device
- Place your computer screen between 20-30 inches from your face and just below eye level
- Look away from your screen or get up every 20-30 minutes
Two eye exercises I love to do to strengthen the muscles in my eyes can be done sitting or standing. All you need is a few minutes to slow down and close your eyes.
First, with your eyes closed, SLOWLY look toward your forehead when you inhale. Exhale and return to look forward. Inhale and look down toward your jaw. Exhale and return to look forward. Inhale to look toward your right ear. Exhale and return to look forward. Inhale to look toward your left ear. Exhale and return to look forward. Repeat a couple of times moving through the compass points ... slowly and with your eyes closed.
Second, with your eyes closed move your eyes in a figure eight pattern. Move slowly and aim to complete a total of eight.
Another tip, albeit not an exercise but it is physical. BLINK your eyes more often when you are looking at devices. Moisten the eyes to fight fatigue.
Want to Know More?For more information about supplements, read more at Delicious Living 5 vision supplements to fight screen fatigue by Todd Runstead
Read more about Digital Eye Strain at WebMD