Saturday, July 3, 2010

Healthy Cleaning


Back to Basics

I am trying to clean with the most natural products available. I LOVE my Amway Legacy of Clean products as they are plan based but I LOVE some natural, old-fashioned products as well.

Baking soda and vinegar to clean a drain (the bubbles from the chemical reaction remind you of being in a chemistry lab in school)

Because I liked using the baking soda and vinegar, and they are inexpensive, I decided to find out other uses for both products. I did a search and found out more about VINEGAR. I will tackle BAKING SODA another day.

The article describes how VINEGAR can:
remove oven grease
treat Tupperware stains and smells
deter ants
clean the shower door
clean paintbrushes

The Vinegar Institute lists a plethora of uses for Vinegar.

One I found particularly interesting was a technique to remove water spots from wood. All you have to do is create a mixture of equal parts white distilled vinegar and olive oil. Rub the mixture along the grain and polish.

Another I liked, and is helpful in the summer when the weather is WARM... a METHOD for getting rid of fruit flies in the house. After you eliminate the fruit that is the culprit you are left with the flies. All you need to do is place a bowl filled with ½ quart water, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar and a couple of drops of dish soap to attract the fruit flies.

Recycle the Bottle when you finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment