Sunday, November 20, 2011
Tips to avoid stiffness while on an airplane...
Many people feel cramped on an airplane. A plane does not necessarily allow each person to have the amount of personal space that he or she may desire. What simple steps can you take to keep yourself lose while on a flight?
1. A simple one is to take a walk up and down the aisle a few times.
2. Drinking water - keeping hydrated is important for muscle health.
3. Taping your toes...stretches your shin.
4. Doing a simple twist in the seat will lubricate your spine.
Perform the twist on each side.
A few simple steps to the twist:
1. Sit tall with your feet on the ground and square your shoulders to the wall in front of you
2. Place your right hand on the back of the chair and your left hand on the right thigh or armrest.
3. Inhale to lengthen your spine. Exhale and turn your belly to the right. Inhale to lengthen your spine, exhale to twist your belly more and turn your heart to the right as well. Inhale a third time to lengthen your spine. Exhale and deepen the twist from your navel and heart then finally turn your gaze toward your right shoulder.
4. Repeat on the other side.
A HINT...slow and deep breaths help the twist be felt deeper in your body...increases intensity.
Travel Safely and Comfortably as you visit your family and friends this holiday season!