Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year...A New Idea...

I have decided to do my best to eliminate packaged foods from my diet. I know it cannot be avoided from time to time, but I can eliminate what I can control! One of my favorite blogs to read is 100 Days of Real Food. I have been eliminating processed food from my diet for almost 2 years. When I decided to become Gluten Free for my HEALTH I saw how many items in my pantry I could not use. Over the past 20 months I have rid my cupboards and refrigerator of gluten laden ingredients.

What I have noticed is that WHAT I am purchasing as gluten free alternatives has quite a bit of sugar. This year I am looking to eliminate some of those purchased foods and create them from scratch.

I am a full time high school teacher and a group fitness instructor. I care about my health and the health of my family. My time is limited so the changes I make need to be gradual and become a routine. That will allow them to stick...that will allow them to be accomplished while doing everything that I do.

My first three goals:
Make TEA, NUT BUTTER, and GRANOLA!

Look for recipes and pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment