Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Homemade Ginger Tea

I am fighting something and decided to begin my homemade experiment with GINGER TEA. I took two inches of ginger (I peeled the ginger and cut it in half lengthwise.) in a medium saucepan filled with 4-6 cups of water.

I brought the contents of the pan to a boil and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes.

I experimented with serving it with and without honey. That would be according to your taste. I did a half teaspoon of honey when I tested it out. The honey did enhance the flavor of the ginger.

A healthy drink...it can be made while you are doing something else around the house. Much more economical than purchasing a box of GINGER tea bags...You could always make a portion ahead of time and refrigerate and microwave when you are ready to for a warm cup of tea.

JUST REMEMBER...add the honey to the warm liquid, if you do add it, do NOT heat the honey as it is known to reduce its medicinal benefits.

1 comment: