Sunday, May 27, 2018

5 Tips For Eating Healthy on a BUDGET

I enjoy eating healthy but do have to adhere to my budget. My health is a priority and I make an effort to educate myself about the healthy choices that are available to me. Steps I take to eat healthy on a budget include:

1. I support local farmers by purchasing produce at the Farmer's Market.
2. I use ALMOST everything. Through conversations with the farmers I have found recipes to use almost 100% of the produce I buy. yes, the entire stalk of the broccoli is edible and so too are the cauliflower leaves!
3. I purchase organic based on the Environmental Working Group's Dirty Dozen and Clean Fifteen lists.
4. I have a small garden where I grow some of my produce. The organic produce fresh from my garden is tasty! Grow what works best in your yard or on your patio if you have space...buy what you cannot grow.
5. I pay attention to the grocery ads and stock up when products I normally purchase are on sale, especially when they are on a particularly deep discount.



NOTE: From time-to-time friends will have more fruit than they can use as everything ripened all at once. I will eat some of the fruit, freeze some of the fruit for baking or smoothies, and make some into chia jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment