Monday, May 28, 2012

Eating Healthy can be EASY

More and more I stumble upon restaurants, recipes, and websites that promote healthy eating. I like to frequent local Farmer's Markets to purchase produce as close to the source as possible. (My husband and I enjoy growing a few vegetables in our small year, but cannot grow enough to feed ourselves.) I have done MY BEST to become more adventurous with foods that I encounter at the Farmer's Market. After engaging the farmer's in conversation, I have come to appreciate kohlrabi (the bulb and greens), carrot greens, beet greens, collard greens, and kale. The year 2012 has been a year of learning about the health benefits of these new foods and finding FUN ways to use them in my weekly cooking. Yesterday I stumbled upon Food Network's Website and found a new page called HERO FOODS. I am eager to check out the recipes and find out additional ways to use my new foods...plus add to my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment