Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Monday Meal Make-Over Chocolate Chip Cookies TRANSFORMED INTO GLUTEN FREE

Monday Meal Make-Over the TUESDAY edition...Sorry I was unable to post yesterday. Life got in the way. Rather than miss a week...submitting a tardy recipe.

I have been experimenting with making over dishes to make them GLUTEN FREE and/or VEGETARIAN to meet the needs of my family. My latest experiment worked out well...although it did take a few experimental recipes to get it "right".

I remade the Hershey's Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe on the BACK of the Milk Chocolate Chips package.

RATHER than FLOUR ... I added 1/2 Almond Flour and 1/2 Oat Flour (Bob's Red Mill)
I used ROOM TEMPERATURE Butter and Eggs
I used Almond Flavoring rather than Vanilla
I used 1/4 cup sugar (BOTH white and brown)
I used extra chocolate chips (for moisture)


MY Remake:
2 1/4 c mix of "flours"
1 ts Baking soda
1/2 ts Salt
1 c Butter - softened to ROOM Temperature
1/4 c Granulated sugar
1/4 c Packed light brown sugar
1 ts Almond extract
2 Eggs - ROOM Temperature
12 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (or cut up candy bars)
(Hershey's)


Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes

The CLASSIC COOKIE RECIPE can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment