Monday, March 25, 2019
Reduce Plastic Use With Simple Swaps
I read an article, 10 Ways to Say No to Plastic, by Melaina Juntti and learned that humans have generated over 8 billion metric tons of plastic since 1950. The biodegradable plastic is still sitting in landfills, as the decomposition process takes QUITE A LONG TIME. Plastic refuse is everywhere; on the side of the street, in the ocean, in the forest, and in proper recycling/trash bins.
We can each make a decision to reduce our own plastic consumption. Some choices can be made on a regular basis like using reusable bags in the store for produce as well as your total purchase.
1. Purchase wines with real corks
2. If the store asks you if you wish to take home the plastic hanger, JUST SAY NO!
3. Avoid using straws in restaurants
4. Purchase ice cream in a cone, not a cup
5. Ask your dry cleaner if you can leave your own garment bag for your clothes to be put in once cleaned.
6. Ask a flight attendant to refill the BPA free bottle you brought on the flight.
“Portions of this post were provided by New Hope Network. I am a member of the New Hope Influencer Co-op, a network of health and wellness bloggers committed to spreading more health to more people.”